Need an Exit Strategy for High Energy Bills?
BASE is excited to announce Exit Signs for Evanston, a campaign to save Evanston businesses money while bringing our community closer to fulfilling the Evanston Climate Action Plan.
One Simple Goal for Our Community
Replace 1,000 old exit signs, eliminating over 3 million pounds of carbon dioxide from our atmosphere. We’re aiming to knock out 2.5% of the Evanston Climate Action Plan goal for commercial building efficiency.
One Simple Step for You
Participate by filling out a one-page form to replace as many of your exit signs as you’d like. $99 pays for a high-quality sign as well as installation by a local, licensed electrician.
Many Benefits for Your Business
- Low-profile LED sign cuts lifetime energy and maintenance costs by $868
- A $20 per-sign utility rebate
- Safer, brighter, LED signs on your premises
- No more bulb replacement
- Publicity and recognition for participating in an innovative local environmental initiative:
- Press releases naming participating businesses
- Announcements about your business’s commitment on BASE newsletter, twitter, and other media outlets
- Additional $5 per-sign discount for BASE members
- Retrofit option available
Sign up online or call us with any questions at (312) 496-6810. We can’t wait to get started.
THEN, STAY TUNED!
We’ll be in touch soon to schedule your installation. In the meantime, follow us on twitter to get the latest news and track our community's progress.
- Low-profile exit signs feature LED lamps with a lifetime warranty.
- Payback in approximately 10.8 months with available ComEd rebates.
- LEDs last 10 years and consume 1/10 the energy of incandescent signs.
- Click here for design specs.
Sign up to participate in Exit Signs for Evanston